COVID-19 RESPONSE IN PAYROLL
We are happy to announce the availability of our COVID-19 Assistance module in our Payentry® payroll software. You can access the COVID-19 Assistance on your Payentry dashboard by clicking on the COVID-19 Assistance Quick Link.
- FFCRA Paid Leave – Amount the company has paid to employees with the FFCRA related earnings codes
- Tax Credits Applied to Payroll – Tax credits by check date related to FFCRA related earnings codes
- Tax Deferrals – Employer Social Security amount deferred related to the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Paycheck Protection Program – Report to help companies determine PPP related payroll data
- Sources of Information – Helpful links for companies to support their compliance with the new normal
Already available to our clients are earnings types, tax credits and deferrals related to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).
American Rescue Plan Act Paid Leaves April 1, 2021 through September 30, 2021
Reasons for Using ARPA Paid Sick and Family Leave Starting on April 1 and ending on September 30, 2021, employees can take ARPA Paid Sick and Family Leave. The following are acceptable reasons for taking these leaves:
1. When quarantined or isolated subject to federal, state, or local quarantine or isolation order
2. When advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine because of COVID-19
3. When the employee is: a. Experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and seeking a medical diagnosis b. Seeking or awaiting the results of a diagnostic test for, or a medical diagnosis of, COVID-19 because they have been exposed or because their employer has requested the test or diagnosis c. Obtaining a COVID-19 vaccination or recovering from any injury, disability, illness, or condition related to the vaccination.
4. When caring for another person who is isolating or quarantining on government or doctor’s orders
5. When caring for a child whose school or place of care is closed due to COVID-19
6. When assisting a family member with obtaining a vaccination or who is recovering from any injury, disability, illness or condition related to the vaccination.
|Earning Code||Earning Type||Benefit/Limits|
|ARPASick||ARPA Sick Leave||Reasons 1,2,3
Ten days (up to 80 hours) of paid sick leave at their regular rate of pay up to $511 per day and a maximum of $5,110
|ARPACare||ARPA Dep Care||Reasons 4,5
Ten days (up to 80 hours) of paid sick leave at 2/3 their regular rate of pay, up to $200 per day and a maximum of $2,000
|ARPAFamily||ARPA Family Leave||All Reasons
Employees taking leave will be paid at 2/3 their regular rate of pay up to $200 per day and $12,000 maximum; 12 week limit
|Memo ARPA Ins Cr
Memo ARPA COBRA
|Used to record qualified health plan expenses allocable to sick leave wages that are also eligible for the tax credit and reported on line 19 of Form 941.
Printable document here.
More details from the IRS can be found here.
Updated August 2021
This information does not and is not intended to contain legal advice, and its contents do not constitute the practice of law or provision of legal counsel. The provider cannot be held legally accountable for actions related to its receipt.