Setup Online Tax Forms
From the main Payentry screen, click on Additional Options
Next click on Tax Forms Section
Click the link for Online Tax Form Setup
- The page displayed will allow you to set up company specific information regarding online taxes including:
- Your tax form administrator information
- Any special employee instructions for: obtaining a paper copy of a tax form or changing their contact information
- The last date on which an employee can enroll to get their tax forms online.
- The default method for notifying employees about their tax forms
- An option to be informed when an employee enrolls or unenrolls from this service
** You must define the contact information for a W-2 tax form administrator and a 1099 tax form administrator. Even if one person administers both forms, you must define the information separately.
Use the Select a Tax Form type to setup drop down list to choose a tax form. Valid entries are W-2 or 1099.
Fill in the appropriate contact information for Name, Phone, and so on.
Enter the instructions that describe how an employee can receive a paper copy in the Paper Copy text area, if desired.
Enter the instructions for how an employee can contact the tax form administrator in the Contact Info text area, if desired.
Determine the cut-off date – the last date on which an employee can enroll for this online tax form service – in the Enroll Date drop down lists.
Use the Release Notify drop down list to select the default method of notifying the employee that their tax form has been released.
These notifications are automatically generated whenever a release if performed for either all employees or an individual.
Valid entries include:
- Email – sends an email to each employee
- Mail – creates a generated letter in PDF format that you can print and send via the postal service
- None – does nothing, employees are not automatically notified.
** You are required by law to notify employees that their forms are available. If you choose the None method, you can notify each employee individually using the Notify Employee field.
Put a check in the Enroll Notify check box if you, the tax form administrator, want to be notified via email that an employee has changed their enrollment status for this service.
When you are done, click Save Changes.