Last Updated August 16, 2017
Iowa Department of Revenue – Withholding Tax
Iowa Workforce Development – Unemployment tax
Add to existing company setup
Submit a request to your service team to add IA (withholding) and/or IASUI (unemployment) to your company setup. Please include the below with your request:
Iowa Department of Revenue
- Withholding – Withholding Permit Number, Business eFile Number (BEN), and Deposit Frequency. If you’re unsure of your deposit frequency, permit number, or BEN you can call the agency at 515-281-3114.
Iowa Workforce Development
- Unemployment – Account Number and Tax rate. This can be found on a Tax Rate Notice or the Quarterly contribution report. If you’re unsure of your tax rate or account number, you can call the agency at 888-848-7442.
- Power of Attorney- POA is required, please obtain the prefilled form from your client service representative.
- Third Party Access – TPA Access is required for unemployment. Please see the Third Party Registration and/or Power of Attorney section below for more information.
Register a new company
Iowa Department of Revenue Services
Register online at https://www.idr.iowa.gov/CBA/start.asp. Please read the instructions then select Start at the bottom of the page to begin the application. You should receive your Withholding Permit Number and deposit frequency in about 4-6 weeks. After you register for a Withholding Permit Number with the Iowa Department of Revenue you will also receive a Business eFile Number (BEN). Please provide both your Withholding Permit Number and BEN that has been assigned to you.
Third Party Registration and/or Power of Attorney Instructions
Power of Attorney
Please obtain the prefilled form from your client service representative.
Third Party Access Instructions
- Go to www.MyIowaUI.org
- You will need your Registration Key and UI account number. The Registration Key would be provided to you from the Workforce Development.
- An email will be sent to this address with a link and instructions for the account activation process (This must be done within 48 hours or the process will cancel and need to begin again).
- Enter email address and click Save Account Details.
- Enter name of an authorized user and click Register.
- Select Create ID.
Once activation is complete, New Users and Existing Users must login and assign us as the Authorized Representative
Log into your account.
- Select Assign Agent from the left side of your employer homepage.
- You will be prompted to enter our Agent ID which will be provided to you from your service team.
- Assign the below UI account roles.
- General Roles
- Only Tax related matters
- Website Roles
- Manage Payments
- Submit/Change Wage Details
- View Correspondence
- View Transaction History
- General Roles
- Save then Complete